Thursday, October 9, 2014

Back in Effect

Wow, it has been way too long...apologies!

I haven't even looked at this blog in at least a couple of years. Life just kind of took over and blogging got pushed out of the picture. I never put a "farewell" post on the blog because I always intended to keep posting, but that next post never came, and eventually I just lost touch.

But I happened upon the blog tonight, and while reading and enjoying the old posts and comments from my wonderful readers from all over the globe, I realized that I still have something to say. I still love the sport and the culture of the football shirt. And I know from looking at the analytics that people do stop by here and read this blog, even so many years after my last post.

So maybe it's time to pick up the mantle once again.

I guess one of the other reasons I stopped posting is that I got frustrated with the back end of the blog– constantly looking for and linking to the photos especially. I always loved the writing but the back-end stuff is not really my bag. I also made the rookie mistake of linking to images not hosted by the blog, and got incredibly annoyed and somewhat discouraged by the inevitable torrent of broken links that followed. So, in order to minimize that frustration and discouragement for myself, I think the best thing to do for now is keep the posts brief, not so bloated. I'll save the big posts for season/tournament previews or other major stories that don't necessarily have a "due date." Who knows, a re-design of the blog may also be in the works. Stay tuned!

No comments: