Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Barcelona Away Shirt 2008/2009



This is the time of year that images on kits for the upcoming season get leaked onto the web. We here at FKB like to keep up with the comings and goings, and today we have a leak of the 08/09 Barcelona away shirt. Now, there is always the possibility that this is a fake meant to throw off the crowd, but my hunch is it's legit and as you saw with the latest USMNT Away shirt release, we were pretty spot–on. I actually like this very much, and actually drool at the prospect of how this shirt would look if it was released a few years back, before Barça had their new agreement with UNICEF. How sweet would this shirt look without any sponsor logo? My guess is very. When compared to Barça's current away shirt, we believe this one is much better. I do like the club's current 3rd all–orange strip, which will probably be mothballed next season as they have already used it for two seasons.

Barcelona is one of the world's great super–clubs, one of their team mottos is actually "More than a Club." Along with their success on the pitch they have also achieved sartorial excellence almost every time they have taken the field. Nike has been making the club's shirt since the late 90's, and I have to say they have done a great job outfitting the Catalans. Some of my personal favorite's include this, this, this, this, and this. A couple of exceptions would be this and this. Of course I can't stress enough that all these designs that I like so much probably look a lot better to me because there is no advertising on them.

P.S. Don't forget about our first–ever raffle...

4 comments:

mad.redo1 said...

If this is true, that means they are going retro again. I remember seeing a Barca poster with this jersey from the late 70's I think.

Better than their current away kit I must say.

Goenitz said...

Anything is better than the toilet-paper blue that they wear today, but I've heard that the away kit will also have yellow shorts (!)
That would make them look like Villarreal, I think

Anonymous said...

this is a semi throw back to thed aniversari season of '74. the ribbon on the side through the crest is from their first season, plain navy blue with current home colors as the ribbon.

Unknown said...

Barcelona is well known all over the globe not only as a modern town but it is known also known globally for soccer. As per my point of view this Barcelona away shirt is not looking very nice in yellow color.
new barcelona jersey